The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Balancing Act

Hm, so I consider today and yesterday a wasted effort. I did do some homework and I honestly did try to get my accounts on, but I honestly don't understand a damn thing so it wouldn't make a difference if I did attempt to do the homework or if I didn't, either way, it would be incomplete and wrong. I did halfheartedly complete my Science and Maths homework, though, so points there. 

It's going to be a short two weeks because time's funny like that and considering the fact that I neither care nor want to pretend to care about NiE, I'll probably be doing that either all by myself or not at all. It really is such a shame I got saddled with bringing the papers home. Such a shame. And it's also such a shame that I got all step up on the matter and decided to take matters into my own hands. Shame all around. 

But whatever. Two weeks or no, I'm going to spend it binge eating my way through McDonald's and the variety of pizzerias Malaysia has to offer, going out once in a while, reading magazines and being generally unproductive on Tumblr, reading, writing, rereading the stuff that I wrote and singing and dancing around the house a lot. Past two days have been same old and stuff because my parents were home but the house is going to empty out on Monday, which is tomorrow, so I might start to get my study on or something. 

I really just want to spend the holidays having fun. Like, not too much fun because I've got fasting days to replace and assignments that were unfortunately put on the backburner in favor of exams, and of course, the big exam to study for, but not too little fun because I really want to see my sister before she jumps on over to Johor (I don't like pineapples), and spend as much time as possible with my friends before time starts to close in on us, and read as much fanfiction as I can before I'm not given that luxury anymore. 

It's a balancing act, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment