The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Re Creation

So I thought it would be good to lay down some principles to guide me through Study Frenzy 2011 which begins today (well, actually tomorrow, since I'm sort of just working my way around things today). It's ten originally, but I added an extra one just as a reminder.

11 Principles of Study Frenzy 2011 (April - July)
  1. Working towards perfection. Even though perfection doesn't technically exist, working towards it is a great way to set up your mind so that it starts to expect perfection. And when you expect perfection from yourself and the world expects perfection from you as well, then everything will hopefully align themselves to produce something that's as closest to perfection as possible. 
  2. With God's help and blessings. Prayers and reading the Qur'an and devoting a section of time for God doesn't hurt chances at all. In fact, all of those things sharpen one's minds and besides which, nothing can be attained without God giving it a green light. We make the plans, He executes them. 
  3. Knowing my limits. No staying up in the middle of the night or waking up early in the morning because however effective it might be for certain people, it certainly doesn't work that way for me. An aside to this would be "play to my strengths and not my weakness" in which I study using tables and PowerPoint presentations, alone, in the afternoons. Memorizing by repetition, reading before going to bed, and all of the things that I've found to have worked before. If it's not broken, why fix it? 
  4. Acceptance of unavoidable failures. Whatever form of necessary punishment should be doled out for avoidable failures, such as things I knew I should have studied but didn't. Other than that, if there are certain things that can't be helped then I don't see why I should beat myself over the head with it. 
  5. Setting goals. I'm working on setting midterm goals right now. I figure that maintaining an A for Arts is okay, with a 90 set target for BM and everything else above 95. 
  6. Not taking a low B lying down. If I get something below 80, then I'll expect a full recovery for trials. There might or might not be an exception for BM, depending on the score and paper. 
  7. Pushing until there's nothing else to push. I might be only mildly joking when I say "the best or nothing" or "anything it takes" but seriously? I've got to up the ante, raise the bars, the stakes, whatever else there is that can be raised and do things the right way the first time around. 
  8. No regrets. By the end of the year, there should be absolutely no regrets. None at all. Regrets are unacceptable as far as I'm concerned and I might not be one for studying at school, in the thick of a boring lesson or during recess or before the school day even begins, but I don't want to look back and think that there's so much more that I could have done. 
  9. No time like the present. Time waits for no man, insert every other possibly related quotes here. 
  10. If I can't do it, who can? At the end of the day, I'm still me, and unavoidably, who I am is a freaking genius. And I'm not stroking my own ego when I say this because some people can talk the talk with nothing to back them up but the thing here is, I do have proof. If I fail the first time around, I know I'll try harder for the second round and at the heart of it all, I know I'm smart. Grades are a reassurance. The rest is simply out of my hands. 
  11. If you're fit enough to read fanfiction, you're fit enough to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment