The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Community Outreach

It was a hectic day yesterday and all there was to school was a two hour AIDS and STDs talk sponsored by Durex (World's No. 1 Condom Brand) and I accidentally won myself a keychain in the shape of a condom with a thumbs up. And a Durex folder, but that's irrelevant. I hung out with Pri and Nadhrah the whole day (although Nadhrah did occasionally leave us to do whatever it is she's supposed to do) as other people were busy being on duty for MPPH. Recess was confusing. The rest of the day was an unfortunate game of tic-tac-toe, several lovely rounds of Hangman and a drawing game that yielded awesome results. That was my Saturday school.

Why Nadhrah is a great human being. 

Why I consider myself beyond obsessed. 

(We took turns suggesting a topic and we'd draw them. This topic was: Something That Doesn't Exist). 
Why we're friends.

Nisa came around to work on our project again. I wonder why I surround myself with these people. I wonder why I surround myself with people period. I can't stand them most of the time. I'd rather be a hermit.

Incidentally (or ironically, whichever), I found out something interesting regarding the dynamics of one of my "dying" friendships. And I'm using the term "dying" as lightly as possible because it's not like I want to stop being friends, it's more like it's a great big effort to keep from drifting apart. It's interesting that yours truly, misanthrope extraordinaire, acts as a sort of community outreach programs director. Curious to ponder over but nothing to write home about at the end of the day. I stand by the philosophy of "haters gonna hate" and the occasional "do unto others what you want others to do unto you" so it's really not that big of a deal anyways. It's nice to be nice just so other people will be nice to you back but really, nine out of ten, that's just not the case.

Life continues and dulls on, with me enjoying my massively pathetic existence with a box of pizza, two cans of Coke and more Bollywood movies to numb the never ending stream internal turmoil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment