The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sky Black and Blue


I feel so lost without Harry Potter and the fandom. I mean like seriously, having Harry Potter in my life was sort of like a compass, follow it and I'll never go wrong, ever. And now that I'm not all that invested anymore, I just feel so completely clueless, like I have no idea where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do.

It's not like I don't like the Glee fandom, I do. But I just haven't realized how much it takes out of me, every single day. Like with Harry Potter, it wasn't all that bad because I got into it kind of late and the shipping wars were so fun because it wasn't speculation at all, it was just dealing with people who refused to listen to "Yes, we do know it's Ron and Hermione". I am just kind of sick and tired of it all because, as I said, it takes a lot of out of me, emotionally. It's just really draining.

Potter fandom rehabilitation starts this week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment