The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Team Players

Is it weird that I'm actually excited for school? I know some people actually enjoy all the sports crap that goes on in the earlier months but I got to say, I'm not a fan. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not that much of an athletics girl. I personally think it's because I have no team spirit whatsoever. I barely feel any kind of affinity with Sri Aman nor any kind of kinship with my fellow school mates, much less for a freaking Sports house. It's just not me. Reason #43 why I hate sports: teams. Teams are stupid. Can't we all just get along without the need for one 'team' being better than another 'team'.

Of course, the fact that I like individual competition doesn't come into play at all.

I can't wait to get up in the morning and put on my prefects uniform. Who cares if I have to deal with people who consider rules beneath them. Who cares if I get scolded three times a day because honest to God, what can a teacher actually do to you? Who cares if I have problems with friends because during recess, I'm going to be busy dutying to worry about who to sit with. (Despite all of this, I would still like to have a Form 2 class, please, because as I found out last year, Form 1 classes are a pain in the ass).

I can't wait to learn. And I can't wait to start preparations for PMR. I can't wait for it all. I've come up with a plan. I'm going to not go for a games club and I'm only going to attend normal clubs and Girl Guides. I'm still unsure about sports practice but I'll probably attend on and off and go for aerobics and get someone to catch me up on the moves. You're talking to the girl who caught up with drama class choreography in one week. I think I can manage. Not attending Sports Day, though. Or maybe I am going to, but I'm not going to be actually going on the field. Not for anything. 

Still figuring it out. Still working it through. I'll get into the groove of things, hopefully. Come Form 4, we can relax the whole sports thing for a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment