The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Interlude 33: Even

If anyone out there is stalking me, I would just like to let you know that I just got braces. Like, yesterday. It's a pain in the everywhere to eat but I'm otherwise all right. I mean, I'm good. I've been eating peanut butter and Nutella and every single form of melted chocolate available to Malaysia. And bread. Not much of a difference, really, since before this I never really enjoyed full meals, I was more of a compulsive snacker who wanders around the house every other minute to find snacks. So we're totally cool. 

It's still a shock to see myself in the mirror sometimes and I wake up in the morning wondering what the fuck crawled up in my mouth and died but I'll get used to it, right? It gets better (I have got to stop using this line on here - especially since every time I mutter it to myself, it sounds more and more like I'm joking about the matter and I'm not. I have nothing to do with "It Gets Better" because I live in Malaysia, where the circumstances are worlds different). 

In case anyone's wondering (anyone?), I chose light blue. I've decided over the holidays that my favorite colors are blue, red and purple, which is convenient, if you ask me. Blue because Ravenclaw and blue house (so I'm more into darker shades of blue - like navy), red because red is sort of my color and I look really good in red, and purple because it's a gorgeous color (and a mixture of red and blue, so go figure). 

This has been pretty useless but you know. Just in case you're stalking me or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment