The glorious and triumphant return of now-19 year old Blogger, the revival of a once-grand and dare I say influential webspace that produced daily content, and the crippling anxiety of a young woman who no longer has any time or motivation to write, and feels like any ability she had acquired in the past through repetition and sheer will alone is now slowly slipping out of her grasp. Brief history of the Blog and Blogger can be found here.

Here be personal journal entries, observations, slices of life, questions and conclusions, as well as exploration of social and political topics seen through the lens of a Malaysian Muslim, feminist, lesbian, Marxist, and horse enthusiast.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Moderate Crowd

I woke up on Friday in high spirits, actually, I don't know why. Ain reassured me by saying that her trip to the orthodontist on Thursday was nothing more than x-rays and etcetera. And I woke up pretty early, too, if I do say so myself. Had Oreos and milk for breakfast because we were out of bread. My mother was out and apparently everyone forgot about the 2.30 appointment. Had a crappy lunch. 

Turns out my orthodontist was actually more or less one of my mother's ex-students. I think my mother's in heterosexual love with her. Today, she told me how she would like very much to pursue a friendship with Dr. S. I wasn't expecting her to be so nice but there you go. In fact, just because of that one visit to her office, I'm going to try to be nicer to people from now on. It didn't look like she was exerting too much energy into being nice. 

Or maybe she was just good at hiding it and secretly kills dolls in the middle of the night. But still: no judgments! I've had a lifetime of bad first impressions to make up for. Last night, I watched the around about four episodes Desperate Housewives S6 marathon with my mother into 11.25 at night. At first she said, "You shouldn't be watching shows like this." but she knows I've watched shit like Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy since I was twelve. And back when Astro was still cool and they had Friends in the 7 PM slot, my mother used to tell me to shut the TV off for Maghrib but then ended up watching with me and laughing her head off anyways. I think she liked Desperate Housewives because since she's old and stuff, I bet she can relate. And she laughed a lot. And we discussed whacky plots and "oohed" at some of the big reveals at the end of the episodes. 

Also, she was going to sell off some of her old shoes - the ones she's only worn like once or twice and I got to talk her into letting me keep a black velvet and gold pair of wedges. All around, the best time my mother and I have had since I can remember. 

For the second night in a row, I slept with my cat next to me. I'd find him on the front porch at 11 something and bring him inside. I think he likes sleeping next to me because it's really cold in there. It's also just the coziest way to end your day - cat next to you, lights off bar the lamp I have on my study table and reading Klaine fanfiction into the wee hours of the night. I do agree that the plot Glee has come up with so far has been whack and Blaine's character, all around, is kind of bland. Hey, if it weren't Darren Criss, I might be among those who protests this additional character as well but as it stands... 

Today, I went out with my mother to retrieve the bracelet she had restrung and also, to fix up my glasses (which I might have stepped on). We had lunch and was about to go to my Grandparents' in the afternoon but then my sister called saying she was on her way. Plans scrapped, new ones have to be made. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to charge my iPod for more Klaine goodness and there's also a cheeseburger in the fridge with my name on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment